TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a nonprofit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Coffee is one of TechnoServe's leading sectors. We have active projects in 10 countries and a global team of more than 400 coffee professionals. To date, our work has directly impacted more than 250,000 coffee farmers around the world. In Ethiopia, TechnoServe has been working since 2008 and has active programs reaching 50,000 smallholder farmers and more than 100 wet mills (washing stations). TechnoServe's coffee work in Ethiopia is funded by corporate, public sector and foundation donors including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Nestle Nespresso, Mondelez and IDH.
We are seeking a dynamic, highly motivated individual to manage our portfolio of coffee programs in Ethiopia and drive development of new strategy. S/he will be responsible for leading country-wide operations that include farmer agronomy training, advisory support to processing businesses (wet mills and hulling stations), and sustainability projects. S/he will also coordinate staff training, communications, and field administration. The Senior Program Manager will be supported and encouraged to think strategically about operations and find opportunities to improve program delivery and impact.
The ideal candidate is an experienced manager with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills. S/he must also be passionate about agriculture and making a difference on the lives of the poor. The Senior Program Manager should be comfortable working both in the field with farmers and in meetings with banks, governments, donors, and other partners.
As Coffee Portfolio Manager you will:
- Lead a team of field managers to ensure high performance across all projects' operational units (farmer agronomy training, wet mill and hulling station support, sustainability).
- Coordinate the project management activities of field managers, including work planning, reporting, recruitment and staffing, performance management, and resource allocation and budgeting.
- Develop annual operational plan and review targets, striving to meet or exceed all key performance indicators.
- Ensure effective pedagogy and implementation of TechnoServe's training approach with staff, farmers and clients (wet mills, hulling stations, cooperatives, etc.).
- Support cooperative clients' access to credit facilities, namely short-term working capital and longer term investment capital.
- Manage program reporting and communications.
- Design, review and continuously improve implementation on the basis of feedback from staff, farmers, clients and partners.
- Foster a positive team culture consistent with TechnoServe's values and ethics.
- Mentor, coach and work with field managers and other Coffee Initiative staff to develop high-caliber technical and managerial skills and assume greater responsibility.
- Work with banks, international guarantors and other partners to ensure cooperative clients have access to sustainable credit facilities (post-TechnoServe support).
- Regularly review and update TechnoServe's strategic plan for the Ethiopian coffee sector.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for TechnoServe to build new partnerships in Ethiopia.
- Identify key risks and propose solutions for risk mitigation.
You will have:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant subject required; master's degree preferred (e.g., business, economics, international development, etc.).
- With a Bachelor's degree a minimum of seven years of managerial experience, with a Master's degree a minimum of five years of managerial experience is required of which at least two years should be managing large complex projects and large teams.
- Management experience in several of the following key skills areas - business development, consulting, training, financial analysis, and coaching.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively service clients/partners, particularly in the for-profit sector.
- Proven analytical and financial skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, teamwork and relationship building.
- Excellent oral & written presentation skills required.
- Able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and responsively, and adapt to changing working conditions.
- Developing country experience with strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Coffee sector and field-based non-profit NGO experience preferred.